Hi Demodesk community 👋
Here comes our monthly product update!
This month's highlight: You can now edit the playbook for a specific meeting in Demodesk without changing the template which allows you make your pitches even more personal.
As always, let us know what you think!
... see below for videos and more details.
- Individualized playbooks: Take your best-practice playbook and adjust it to your specific meetings.
- Improved mobile usability: We now support a mobile keyboard on our virtual screen which allows you to collaborate with participants joining on their smartphone or tablet (currently in beta–contact us if you want to test it).
- Personal touch in meetings: We have added names to the video stream, so you can address your prospects by their names.
- More flexible naming of event types: Change the name of your event type without changing the URL of the scheduling page.
- Better routing on scheduling pages: Specify the host through the URL for team scheduling pages with flexible round robin.
- Follow-up meetings: immediately book the next meeting during a demo by including the respective host's booking link (magic words: tokens in playbook URLs).
... even more features & fixes
- Meetings: Improved audio quality and onboarding for participants
- Meeting list: if the host of a meeting has no valid Google or Outlook connection, we display this in the dashboard (tab Scheduled By Me or All Team Members) to avoid issues when starting this meeting.
- Lobby: Lobby links are now case insensitive, i.e. both demodesk.com/meet/Lisa-Neu and demodesk.com/meet/lisa-neu work.
- Customer booking: Scheduling pages now display the meeting duration in the title.
- Schedule a meeting: double-click on save doesn't cause double-bookings anymore.
- Schedule a meeting: meetings without a guest are now also shown in your Google or Outlook calendar.
- Outlook & Google: You can connect both Outlook and Google and select which one to use for emails and your calendar.
- Pipedrive: The Pipedrive integration now connects the event to the deal and the contact, and it also syncs your meeting notes.
When scheduling a meeting, we now create a copy of the respective playbook which you can edit in the "Edit meeting" view. That way you can take your best-practice playbook and adjust it to your specific customer. You can always discard these changes by removing the "Customized" tag in the top right corner.
Improved mobile usability
We now support a mobile keyboard on our virtual screen which allows you to collaborate with participants joining on their smartphone or tablet. Your customers can easily open it by clicking the keyboard icon in the top right corner.
Personal touch in meetings
We have added names to the video stream, so you can address your prospects by their names. By displaying the participants' microphone state, you can more easily identify potential causes for audio issues or background noise.
More flexible naming of event types
Before, the name of an event type was tied to the URL of the scheduling page. You can now specify the URL independent of the event type's name, so you can rename it later without disabling previously sent scheduling links.
Note: Once you edit the URL of the scheduling page and save it, previous URLs will not work anymore.
Better routing on scheduling pages
You can now specify the host through the URL for team scheduling pages with flexible round robin. You just need to add the query parameter preselectedHost and the email address of the host as the value.
One use case of this specification is to embed the scheduling page on your website and specify the host based on a visitor's previous input.
We have added new tokens (host slug, booker slug) and you can use these in playbooks' website URLs. Now, you can create an URL like this
and implement the host's booking page at the end of your demo playbook.
That way, you can book the next meeting with your customer after a successful meeting through the booking page of the respective host and make sure the time fits everyone.
Additionally, we have created a Meeting recording link token, so you can sync your meetings' recordings to Salesforce, Hubspot or Pipedrive.