Those determine the permissions you grant a Website, whether this is access to your Webcam or to play sound. Please keep in mind that in order for those changes to be successful you need to reload the page.
You will be asked to give those permissions before every meeting, but you can double-check to make sure you activated them here.
- Click on the padlock icon in the browser address bar (in the top left corner next to URL)
- Click on Allow for Camera, Microphone and Sound
- If it doesn't appear here open your Chrome settings by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner and click Settings
- Click Privacy & Security
- Click Site settings
- Click "Filter website by site"
- Enter name demodesk in search bar
- Make sure that it says Allow next to each permission.
- Click the Padlock icon in the left of the address bar
- Enable Autoplay to Allow Audio and Video
- Enable Autoplay, Camera and Microphone.
If it doesn't pop up open your Firefox preferences, go to Privacy & Security and scroll down to Permissions. Make sure that it allows Demodesk to access your Camera and Microphone:
Please note that on Apple devices you need to give permissions to your browser in system preferences. See how to do that at the end of section 3. Safari.
- Hover with your mouse to the top of the browser.
- Click on Safari
- Click Preferences
- Click Websites
- Click on Camera and select to Allow
- Click on Microphone and select Allow
Please note that on Apple devices you need to give permissions to your browser in system preferences.
If you are using an iMac or a MacBook, please make sure to check your System Preferences:
System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy - Camera/Microphone
If you are using a Windows computer, please make sure to check your System Privacy: