The goal of the assignment matrix is to have an overview and choose the relative frequency of the hosts for your team Event Types.
The logic behind the algorithm explained in one example:
- The meeting is to be scheduled for the 18th of July at 2 pm. The user then selects that available time slot on the booking page.
- The machine checks who of your team member has availability for that time slot: User A and User B are both free at 2 pm.
- It thus calculates how many meetings each rep has in that week with respect to the start date of the meeting: User A has five meetings and User B has two meetings that week.
- It then multiplies the number for each rep with the value of the assignment matrix for that event type and for that rep. The assignment matrix says user A has 100% and User B has 50%. Note: the matrix is based on RELATIVE capacity utilization.
- Finally, the user with the minimum value gets the meeting. In this case: Value for User A is 5 meetings * 1/1 = 5 and for User B it is 2 * 1/0.5 = 4. Therefore, User B will get the meeting. If two have the same value then we choose randomly.