We designed this guide to create one place that contains an overview of the most important parts of Demodesk. Depending on the things you want to achieve with Demodesk, you need to focus on different tasks and aspects. This article guides you through the setup and helps you to set the right priorities.
Make sure you go through the following steps:
Set your priorities: What do you want to achieve with Demodesk?
Setup your account: How to Setup Demodesk?
Let's revolutionize your revenue processes!
First steps in Demodesk
As a first step, you need to make sure you have the basic setup needed to explore the functionalities of Demodesk. Moreover, it is key you understand how Demodesk works and have the first meeting before you start with the setup.
Thus, you need to make sure that you are done with the three basic tasks before you start with the setup for your team.
Task 1: Connect your Google/Outlook account
You can schedule events, send out calendar invites, and email invites from Demodesk. In order to ensure everything works as intended, connect your account.
Task 2: Update your Profile
The profile information is used in the emails and calendar invites send from Demodesk (especially in the email signature). Moreover, we recommend uploading a profile picture. This will show up if the customer schedules a call and enters a meeting.
Task 3: Host the first meeting
Within meetings, you can master your meeting while having all the needed content at hand, being able to collaborate with your prospect or customer, and receiving guided by speaker notes or battlecards.
What do you want to achieve with Demodesk?
Depending on your use case there are different things you should focus on while setting up Demodesk:
Better Meeting Experience
Through structured playbooks, interactivity, and real-time enablement, your meetings will become more engaging, consistent, and effective!
The website and sales engagement integration will automatically qualify and send users directly to your SDRs or AEs to reduce efforts in lead qualification and handovers.
With our CRM Integration and tokens, you can save administrative tasks and increase your data quality.
The CRM Integration setup and the offered functionalities are highly dependent on the used CRM:
How to Setup Demodesk?
A Playbook is a ready-made structure for your meetings that is prepared once and can be used as a template for all Demodesk meetings.
Why? Playbooks make your meetings more consistent, repeatable, and scalable since and your team are able to use shared templates. With playbooks, you save preparation time and enable especially new term members to have great and valuable customer interaction from day one.
1. Structure your sales pitch and all your customer meetings in a playbook.
2. Upload your presentations and needed documents, add your website, your application link, and link any other app you want to show or collaborate on with your customer or prospect.
You can use agenda items for the introduction and other parts of the demo that are not visualized by the slide.
3. Insert speaker notes to enable everyone to have successful customer interactions.
4. Set a Playbook as your default to ensure that it is used for instant meetings or meetings scheduled outside of Demodesk ( via the Google Extension)
Why? With an advanced Playbook Setup, you can reduce the preparation time even further and make a customized pitch scalable. By combing our Playbook and Booking link functionality you can enforce that there's always a follow-up scheduled.
1. Add booking links to your playbook to directly book a follow-up during the call.
2. Clone your Google Slide Master for each new meeting to allow a customized presentation.
3. Add Google Slides and collaborate with your prospect or customer in a document.
In case you are using Salesforce as a CRM and have activated the Salesforce integration:
4. Read websites from salesforce with tokens (all info above)
In case you are using Salesforce as a CRM and have activated the Salesforce integration:
5. Enhance your Speaker notes and show information from your CRM via tokens.
You can add a website slide to your playbook and add the token containing the customer website as the URL.
Meeting types (basic)
Meeting Types are templates for the different kinds of Meetings you are hosting. The Meeting type is connected to a playbook, a standardized calendar invitation, a standardized email invitation, reminder emails, and a booking link (a link that allows the customer to book a call on your calendar).
Why? With Meeting types, you can automate scheduling tasks and provide your customers and prospects a great booking experience.
1. Create an Meeting type for each type of customer interaction you have with your customer or prospect.
2. Personalize your Meeting types using Tokens.
3. Create a booking link that allows your customer or prospect to book a call directly in your calendar.
4. Set an Meeting type as your standard whenever you book a meeting in Demodesk
Meeting types (advanced)
Why? Enhance your Scheduling flow even further to help your team structure their day, prevent no-shows and keep everyone informed about the upcoming meetings.
1. Set up reminders to prevent no-shows.
2. Inform the Host and Booker about the customer interactions via CC and BCC.
3. Customize your in-meeting invite and change the default text of the invitation you can directly send from a running meeting.
4. Do you want to block time before and after a meeting? Create buffers to block time for preparation and follow-ups.
5. Add Custom Tokens to personalize the emails and reminders even further.
Battlecards are concise compilations of information about your product, the market, your customers, and your competition. With this feature, you are able to create a wiki that you can use during your web demo and objections will never throw you off again.
Why? Have you ever run out of ideas and arguments while fighting back objections during a demo? With battlecards you can make sure the best practice answer is always available.
1. Setup your battlecards on common objectives and success stories to enable your team.
2. Hint: Ask your team to set up some private battlecards. Those can be useful for example useful for passwords.
You and your team can book meetings via the Demodesk Scheduling Dashboard.
Why? You want to schedule a Demo with a customer while talking to him on the phone or texting with him via mail? The scheduling functionality in Demodesk is powerful. It is the perfect place for SDRs to book Demos for Account Executives.
1. Make sure you set up the needed event types.
2. Train your SDRs on how to schedule Meetings.
3. Schedule directly out of your CRM.
Send out booking links and let customers and prospects book meetings on their own.
Why? You are exhausted from the back and forth needed to schedule an appointment with a customer or prospect? Booking links allow your customers and prospects to pick a date and time in your calendar and schedule a meeting with you or your team. You can even include the booking pages on your website and increase the number of leads.
1. Make sure you set up the needed Meeting types
2. Add booking questions to gain information about the client or prospect and what they are especially interested in.
3. Educate your team on how to work with booking links.
4. Integrate the Demodesk booking pages on your website.
5. Add your booking links to your signatures and outbound campaigns.
6. Track the lead source via a hidden booking question.
The lead source can be stored in a custom token.
Routing is a very powerful extension of the booking pages. Routing allows you to route leads based on specific criteria to the matching Meeting type.
Why? The larger your Sales organization grows, the more likely you will have individuals or teams dedicated to a group of customers. Routing allows you to present the right Meeting type to the right lead.
1. Set up a routing question and generate a link you can use for your outbound campaigns.
2. Integrate the Demodesk routing on your website.
Read our article on how to integrate the Demodesk booking pages on the website. It works just the same for routing pages.
The Whitelabel settings allow you to adjust the appearance of Demodesk so it matched your corporate identity.
Why? Make sure the Demodesk meeting and booking experience are in line with your brand.
1. Customize your meeting experience.
2. Customize your booking and routing pages.
Demodesk offers an extension that can be used within the Chrome browser.
Why? The Demodesk chrome extension makes scheduling out of Google calendar a lot easier and allows you to have the most important Demodesk functionalities always at hand.
Things to consider:
Scheduling with the extension allows you to use only your default Meeting type.
Meetings scheduled via the extension might not be related to your CRM.
1. Install the Demodesk chrome extension.
2. Schedule a meeting out of your Google calendar.
3. Access your booking via the Extension or directly add them to your email.
With our Salesforce Integration and tokens, you can save administrative tasks and increase your data quality.
1. Connect your Salesforce account.
2. Add the Demodesk booking redirect to your Salesforce instance. This allows your team to book out of Salesforce.
3. Connect the custom Tokens you have set up with fields inside of Salesforce.
4. Automatically create Salesforce objects out of Demodesk.
5. Enhance your playbook with Information from Salesforce.
You can add custom tokens to the speaker notes or even directly add websites via a URL stored in Salesforce to the playbook.
6. Sync your Meeting Notes to Salesforce.
7. Report data in Salesforce.
With our HubSpot Integration and tokens, you can save administrative tasks and increase your data quality.
1. Connect your HubSpot account.
2. Schedule meetings out of HubSpot.
3. Connect the custom Tokens you have set up with fields inside of HubSpot.
This allows you to directly populate HubSpot fields with the data entered via the booking pages.
4. Automatically create HubSpot objects out of Demodesk.
5. Sync your meeting notes to HubSpot.
Your meeting notes will be directly synced to the meeting created in HubSpot.
With our Pipedrive Integration and tokens, you can save administrative tasks and increase your data quality.
1. Connect your Pipedrive account.
2. Connect the custom Tokens you have set up with fields inside of Pipedrive.
This allows you to directly populate Pipedrive fields with the data entered via the booking pages.
3. Automatically create Pipedrive objects out of Demodesk.
4. Sync your meeting notes to HubSpot.
Your meeting notes will be directly synced to the meeting created in Pipedrive.
Onboard your users
Congratulations! You are ready to go. 🎉
Now you need to go through some last steps to ensure everyone in your team uses Demodesk to its full potential, gets more productive and successful.
1. Check the permission settings and decide who in your team should get which rights and responsibilities.
2. Invite your team member.
3. Adapt the default setup (playbooks/ Meeting types) for your team members.